Miyerkules, Abril 24, 2013

Crochet Head Form

Crochet Head Form



<crochet-head-form-preemie>

I've been looking where to find a DIY head form, but I have no luck finding a good looking one. I am having a hard time taking pictures of my crochet hat because my kids doesn't want to model anymore they are busy playing with their video games. I love making crochet hats but I don't have a head form to display and fit my hats. So I decided that I will make a crochet head form. 

For now I already made a preemie size pattern. next will be the infant, toddler, small child, teen and male and female adult. My crochet head form will be available soon on my Ravelry shop. I think this head form will be useful for crocheter or knitters who likes to take pictures of their hat items.



Preemie Head Form



You will need:


G hook 


2-Skin Colored yarn, 18 grams 4-ply yarn


Fiber fill


small plastic bag


Sand or gravel


cardboard


masking tape


Here is how  to make one:


Round 1: 2sc, 10 sc in 2nd chain from hook (10 sts)

Round 2: 2 sc in each sc (20 sts)


Round 3: (1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) repeat 10x (30 sts)


Round 4: (1 sc in next 2 sc, 2 in next sc) repeat 10x (40 sts)


Round 5: 1 sc in each sc (40 sts)


Round 6-14: Same as Round 5


Round 15: 2 (sc in next 2 sc, scdec) 10x (30 sts)


Round 16: (1 sc in next sc, sc dec) 10x (20 sts)


Round 17: 1 sc in each sc, (20 sts)


Round 18-19: Same as round 17 (20 sts)


Round 20: 2 sc in each sc (40 sts)


Round 21: 1 sc in each sc ( 40 sts)


Bottom cover:



Round 1: 2sc, 10 sc in 2nd chain from hook (10 sts)

Round 2: 2 sc in each sc (20 sts)


Round 3: (1 sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) repeat 10x (30 sts)


Round 4: (1 sc in next 2 sc, 2 in next sc) repeat 10x (40 sts)


Round 5: 1 sc in each sc (40 sts)


Assembly:

1. Stuff  the head form firmly half way. 

2. fill the plastic bag with gravel/sand seal and seal the plastic with tape.


3. Insert the sand bag make sure the sandbag is in the bottom of the  head form add more fiber fill but do not over stuff.


4. Put your circular cardboard at the bottom of the head form then sew the bottom cover.